Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, jollof spaghetti (pasta in tomato sauce). One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Jollof Spaghetti or Jollof Pasta is simply a Nigerian Jollof Rice inspired method of cooking Spaghetti or any other pasta. I had tried to make jollof spaghetti in the past, and it was not a success! It tasted okay, but it was the purveyors of jollof perfection: that right balance between tomato and spice, that slight burnt taste that can only. Jollof spaghetti is spaghetti cooked in tomato sauce and spices just like one would cook jollof rice but using spaghetti instead.
Jollof Spaghetti (Pasta in Tomato Sauce) is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Jollof Spaghetti (Pasta in Tomato Sauce) is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook jollof spaghetti (pasta in tomato sauce) using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Jollof Spaghetti (Pasta in Tomato Sauce):
- Prepare 1 pack spaghetti
- Get I cooking spoon of oil
- Get 4 large tomatoes
- Get 5 scotch bonnet peppers
- Take 1 sachet tomato paste
- Take 1 onions
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic
- Make ready 1 tablespoon curry
- Take 1 tablespoon thyme
- Get 2 stock cube
- Make ready 1-1/2 cup water/meat stock
- Get Chicken seasoning (optional)
- Get Vegetables (carrots, green beans, green pea…)
Can you just imagine that this is the first jollof spaghetti recipe I am posting on the blog. It's actually the second pasta recipe I have ever posted on the blog. Cook pasta according to package directions. I also used fresh mushrooms and sauteed them in olive oil for a couple of minutes before adding them.
Steps to make Jollof Spaghetti (Pasta in Tomato Sauce):
- In a boiling water, add the spaghetti, some salt and some oil (to prevent it from sticking together), parboil for 10 minutes and sieve.
- Heat up the oil and sautée the onions and garlic together with curry and thyme.
- Add the tomato paste, fry this for some seconds and add the blended fresh tomatoes and pepper.
- Stir together and fry till the water dries up (i.e the oil separates)
- Add the crayfish, stock cube, some salt and water or meat stock if you have. You can also add some chicken seasoning.
- Bring to boil, add the parboiled spaghetti, mix together and simmer on medium heat till the water is almost dried up.
- Add the chopped vegetables (carrots, green beans, green pea, cabbage, green pepper), cover the pot and allow the water to dry completely.
- Mix very well and serve with your protein of choice (boiled eggs, beef chicken, etc.) and your favourite side dish (plantain, coleslaw, etc).
Cook pasta according to package directions. I also used fresh mushrooms and sauteed them in olive oil for a couple of minutes before adding them. A simple delicous african Jollof Spaghetti recipe made with tomaots and coconut milk. Serve the pasta with a heaping of the jollof sauce and top with the plantains, spring onions, chilli and parsley. […] Spicy Tomato Bake Eggs - Foodie Quine Jolof Spaghetti - Recipes from a Pantry Fagioli. Meanwhile, add the spaghetti to the boiling water, and cook according to package directions; strain well.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food jollof spaghetti (pasta in tomato sauce) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!